Saturday, August 05, 2006









A scary pact

For those of you who bother reading my blog, many apologies for not writing for a long time. I'm spending tonight creating posts about things that have stood out to me in the past month (whether they're significant or frivolous)...

On the last day of a July conference, I made a pact with a trusted friend.

We both woke up early and went to the beach, where we watched the sun ascend above the horizon, and the sky, lighten ever so gloriously.

As we hadn't had a good talk in weeks, we spent the morning catching up. We had moved to Brisbane around the same time, and both went through a similar settling in process. He revealed that the past year had been one of the hardest in his life. I admitted as much. We both ended up admitting that we had fantasies of skipping town.

I couldn't stay for long. I had to return to the conference. Before we parted ways, he said, "Okay, if you don't shoot through, I won't. Deal?"

I agreed.

After a year of battling almost overwhelming temptations to leave, including almost moving to Sydney to take up a deferred law course, it marked a new beginning.

So, folks, I'll be around until I graduate in 3 semesters' time, at the very least.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noof said...

Glad you're staying Cat :-) Thanks for all your help last night @ Nightlife - totally needed it. Am just on my way to try it out! :-)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Redhillducks said...

Thanks heaps Noof... and no worries about chatting at NightLife, it was a real pleasure :-) Bless 'ya heaps

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home