Wednesday, September 13, 2006

More replacing

I went to the Department of Transport to get a new learner's permit today.

They took my photo.

I sat down and waited.

They called my name. They asked to take another photo. And they did.

I sat down and waited.

They called my name. They asked to take another photo. And they did.

I sat down and waited.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the underlying problem is that I'm what my optometrist calls "glare sensitive" - bright lights (even ordinary camera flashes) hurt my eyes, more so than the average person. Even momentarily exposure to certain bright light can make my eyes sore for ages, make me see multi-coloured shapes floating about. (Bad news for someone like me, who really enjoys acting in the theatre - stage lights can be pretty harsh and hot)

The Very Patient woman with the camera ended up asking if I could remove my glasses to see if that stopped me from blinking.

I opened my mouth to object but before I could say a word, she said:

"It's okay. As long as you wear them driving!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home