Friday, October 27, 2006

PROJECTION UPDATE #2

I am not worthy

I've been e-mailing friends to ask for prayer and financial support for Projection and I have been so overwhelmed by the replies. I still have a long way to go before I raise all the money (the first financial deadline is November 3 - gulp!) but I am staggered by the e-mails from well-wishers, offering to pray and wanting to stay updated.

Some people have offered financial support... I don't know how much for yet, they have just told me they will support me. A couple of those people could probably ill-afford to give financially, because they've just come back from an overseas missions trip. Their generosity is utterly humbling. A part of me has this lingering feeling of not being worthy... I mean, they are not just supporting me, they are supporting to me to do God's work and I just hope, hope, hope that I am equal to the task. I hope that I prove that their faith in me is justified.

I know I don't have to prove anything. I know that I have to come ready to work, willing to be challenged and fully trusting God. I guess I have a tendency, whenever I feel "unworthy", to work doubly as hard, to compensate. I know God isn't calling me to do that. He doesn't want me relying on my own strength. He wants me to believe that through Him and Him alone, I can accomplish things for His glory. So the focus is off me, and it's on Him. And I am being supported because those people believe that God's work can be carried out by utterly ordinary, seemingly insignificant people - like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home