Tuesday, October 24, 2006


PROJECTION UPDATE

For those of you who bother reading this page and are wondering about my summer project, here's some info...

Brief blurb

It's called Projection (like, duh). It's a multimedia missions project; Dec 2-15 in the "Garden City". We're using our collective IT, graphic design, video-making and journalism skills to create content that projects the Gospel message.

The team

There's 11 of us - 5 students and 6 missos. I'm the only student who is not from Sydney's Macquarie Uni.

Making contact

Have spoken once on the phone to the guy spearheading the project. Plus I've realised that I've actually met another one of the missos last year on MYC. Borrowed a schoolies "tradition" and asked if a "getting to know you" e-mail quiz could be circulated, and so far more than half the team has participated. I've added three of them as friends to myspace.

Accommodation

4 of the missos involved (two married couples) live in Toowoomba, so they don't have to source their accommodation. I think I heard that everyone else is crashing at Peter Brook's place, except me of course, because I'm a girl. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet.

Transport

The Sydneysiders are flying in to Brisbane, and then I'm meeting them to catch a bus.

Support raising

So far I've raised a grand total of $40... the project costs $700 and I have to pay a $50 bus fare on top of that. So if anyone wants to support me, it would be sooooooooooo appreciated.

Expectations

Have no idea what to expect, so I have no expectations. I'll go with the flow. I'm sure it will be fun, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home