Wednesday, October 18, 2006


What's in a name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose? By any other name would smell as sweet."

- Romeo and Juliet, Act II, scene ii



Have you ever wondered if your parents called you the wrong name?

This week, I was called Christine... yet again!

It brought back memories of high school, when I had a friend called Christine. Teachers would occasionally get us mixed up.

At a newspaper where I used to work, a staff member was still calling me Christine after almost four years. Weird. My byline was in the paper just about everyday and he read the paper from cover to cover... everyday.

Funnier still, the guy who got my name wrong this week, had booked my bus ticket for a trip to a multimedia project I'm doing in December. I can just imagine trying to board the bus and claiming the passenger list is actually wrong...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home