Saturday, October 28, 2006

PROJECTION UPDATE #3

God is praiseworthy

The Watoto Children's Choir sang in church this morning. They were spectacular. For those of you who don't know who they are, check them out at www.watoto.com. The children were so cute and their stories about the difference that God has made in their lives was so touching. The Choir is the highly visible part of a ministry to their parentless children of Uganda.

More contact

Got an e-mail from someone from the project. She wrote that as the only female student on Projection, the three female members of staff would be doting on me.

"So brace yourself for a whole lot of quality D&Ms, chocolate, ice-cream and
giggles!"

Hurrah!!! I can't wait!!!

Accommodation

I have found out where I'm staying... with one of the staff members, Trish. Hurrah!

Support raising

I am humbled by the way God is providing... three people from church gave me finance this morning... I am literally blown away... I am speechless...

I was told by one giver, a woman who just returned from a missions trip to Uganda, that I need to learn to receive, as well as give, and that it's sometimes so much more humbling to receive than give.

In the face of my gratitude, another giver said, "We're family, aren't we?" He had just come back from the same missions trip on Uganda. I like how he defines family. It's so... Christ-like!

Another giver (well, I'll mention your name if you're cool about it! I know you read my posts) is also support raising for her outreach project. I am overwhelmed that she supported me too.

I don't know what to say. Thank you, I guess. It seems so inadequate!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gloz said...

no cat i dont usually read blogs; and it was just an envelope that i gave u this morning, if there's money inside, it must be last nite when i was drunk, but most of all, i love you!

oh by the way, i thought we were playing 3 lies 1 truth...haha :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Redhillducks said...

Heh heh heh.

Gloria, you rock! I mean it. I am so touched by your generosity. Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I would love to be a prayer partner for your summer project. Just e-mail me your prayer requests.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home